Terms of sales
Terms of sales
“WEBSHOP TERMS & CONDITIONS”
The business relationship with our customers in connection with the purchase of our goods is based on our General Terms and Conditions (GTC) in their current version. The delivery takes place exclusively within the specified delivery area, for now being the territory Belgium.
II Orders and Delivery
1. Orders are placed through our webshop. Our offers hold while supplies last and are subject to change. When placing an order customer must confirm that he has read and understood the “Webshop Terms & Conditions” which exclude all other possible terms or conditions.
2. Shipping to customer’s delivery address is operated by ATASTE BVBA authorized transport companies. Standard delivery procedure goes as follows:
Customer orders and pays online.
Orders are accepted when the customer receives the order confirmation email.
Orders will be prepared and shipped the first working day* after the order was submitted and accepted. The customer receives a second email with the delivery information and tracking number.
Orders which are submitted on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday, will be shipped the day after for delivery the second day.
Orders which are submitted on Thursday, Friday or Saturday or Sunday will be shipped on Monday for delivery on Tuesday.
Orders which are submitted on a Bank Holiday or the day before a bank holiday will be shipped the first working day after the Bank Holiday.
Orders are ONLY shipped from Monday - Thursday except for Bank Holidays. Deliveries take place from Tuesday till Friday except for Bank Holidays.
ALL our products are frozen. They are packed in a way to withstand defreezing for 36 hours. If the customer is not able to receive the goods at the agreed upon delivery address at the specified date, the goods might perish, in that case ATASTE BVBA will not be liable.
All delivery times and dates are subject to change. Customers will be notified of any changes by mail.
3. If the delivery must take place outside of our normal business hours – at the customer’s request or due to reasons for which the customer is responsible – the supplier is entitled to charge additional costs.
4. In order to avoid delays for the shipping company, the customer must ensure that the goods are received at the specified delivery address and on the expected delivery date immediately after the arrival of the shipment.
5. Ataste BVBA reserves the right to refuse a delivery if the delivery address is outside the specified delivery area, if a previous order by the customer repeatedly failed, or if the customer’s creditworthiness is questionable.
III Retention and Transfer of Risk
1. The delivered goods remain in the property of the supplier until the purchase price and all other claims are fully paid.
2. The risk of loss or damage of the goods devolves to the customer when the products have been handed over at the point of delivery.
1. Our current list of prices or the agreed selling prices are applied to all purchases.
2. Our prices include VAT, packaging and dry ice.
3. Shipping & Delivery charges:
for orders > 3kg, free delivery
For orders < 3kg, a 15€ shipping cost will be added.
V Payment, Delay
1. Payment is to be made in advance via STRIPE on our webshop. By submitting an order, the customer agrees to the withdrawal of the respective amount from his or her stripe account.
2. Upon payment of the goods, the customer receives an “order confirmation” with a reference number, a description of the ordered goods and proof of payment, which acts as an invoice or receipt.
3. If other terms of payment have been agreed upon, the invoice must be paid according to the specified payment date without any deduction.
4. For delayed payments, the supplier is entitled to charge an interest rate of 5%. In addition, further deliveries can be stopped until full payment of all outstanding payments has taken place.
VI Warranty and Liability
1. The statutory liability for defects applies.
2. Claims or other complaints must be made upon receipt of the merchandise by noting cause of complaint directly on the invoice/ receipt. Defects have to be communicated to the supplier in written form immediately after discovery. The defective goods have to be stored whole and properly (deep-frozen at -18 ° C) in their original packaging and kept ready for inspection.
3. In case of justified complaints, purchase price will be refunded.
4. The liability of Ataste BVBA is limited to the value of the ordered goods, unless in cases of deliberate or grossly negligent behaviour. Hereof excluded are claims according to the Product Liability Act, where the legal requirements remain unaffected, as well as claims for injury to life, body, and health.
5. The supplier assumes no liability for defects and damages caused by improper handling and storage by the customer.
Our frozen products are highly perishable and therefore excluded from the right of withdrawal.
IX Jurisdiction and Corporate Data
Place of jurisdiction is Gent, Belgium, where our headquarters arelocated. Only the law of the Kingdom of Belgium applies.
Ataste BVBA, Kortrijksesteenweg 193, 9000 Gent, Belgium
VAT ID: BE0822945228